View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gungrave
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
Gungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond reputeGungrave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stay away from maus nissan!!!

If any of you guys live in the Tampa, FL area; take my advice and stay away from Maus Nissan (11001 N Florida Ave, Tampa). They completely ripped me off. So this is what happened.

On a previous service from a different dealership, I was told I'd end up needing my fuel injectors replaced fairly soon. My car has roughly 95K miles on it and I've never changed them.

Maybe roughly a year goes by since I was told this and within the last year, I had all of this replaced/done:

MAF sensors replaced
cleaned throttle bodies
fuel pump replaced
clutch positioning switch
brake light switch
cruise control switch

I noticed periodically the Z would idle a little lower than normal. One day after the Z was running for awhile I stalled at a light, but figured I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. I got to the next light and noticed the Z idling lower than normal again.

I put it in neutral then tapped the gas and the rpm dropped even lower. Light changed and I put it in gear then started to go, but the rpm dropped and stalled again. From there I knew I'd have to give it a decent amount of gas so I wouldn't stall from a stop.

I didn't care to replace the injectors myself so I called around. Maus was the cheapest to get it done. So I took it in and I told them that I'd like the injectors changed since that was the likely cause and since I had everything else done within the past year. I also told them exactly what the Z was doing, it even wanted to stall while I moved it in the service area.

They said they'd check it and make sure it was the injectors before they switched them, which they should do. So they spent from what they claimed 5 hours "diagnosing" it and already confirmed the injectors were working properly. They claimed initially couldn't figure it out because it wasn't throwing any codes.

So then they decide to start from scratch. Not sure why they wouldn't do that early on considering they already knew the injectors wasn't the issue.

They found the problem which ended up being the MAF sensors. Apparently I bought a bad set. And the set I had in the car were aftermarket.

So then they replaced the MAF which as you all know takes all of 10 minutes and charged me over $1,400.00 for it. They said since they spent so much time "diagnosing" the problem, I had to pay for the full time then they charged me $700 for the MAF.

I told them to take out the MAF and put my old ones back in then I'd just get some on my own and they said they'd charge me an hour of labor to do that. And they wouldn't let me take them out myself. I told them I could find the same OEM MAF from another Nissan dealer online for $200 and they didn't care of course.

So take it from me guys, NEVER go to Maus Nissan!!!!!!!!! They will straight rip you off. I'll never go there again and I'll never go to any of their other dealerships. If they do that to someone in service, I can only imagine how they'd screw people over that buys a car from them.
Gungrave is offline   Reply With Quote