View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #3154 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Where did you mount your Dragy? Outside the car? I was thinking on the roof.
The GTR has a subwoofer box between the 2 back seats. The top surface of that box is where I have it. Its sort of an extension of the rear windshield deck. The magnetic sticker stuck to it well enough.

I am not so sure the magnet is strong enough to keep that thing on the roof. Honestly lots of guys just toss them in the cup holder. Motorcycle guys are known for just keeping it in their pocket. I have done the cup holder a few times, even left it on the passenger seat before, and not personally noticed any discrepancies or inconsistencies in the data. It doesnt seem to matter much. But when I am serious about it, I put it in my rear deck spot I mentioned, just in case it effects the numbers.

Now that we are talking about it, I want to try it with a good phone mount. I have wondered if the Dragy uses the phones accelerometers for some of the data. If it does, having the phone mounted rigid might reduce some of the waviness in my acceleration G graph that could perhaps be the result of me holding the phone thus dampening the acceleration G and making it wavy as my arm moves around.

Last edited by phunk; 10-16-2020 at 02:40 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote