View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #6008 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
well said.

however, my counterpoint to you statement is even though nissan has had 5 years with this engine and it's issues, doesnt mean they will fix it.

look at the CSC issues on the Z that they've had 11 years to deal with lol

I hear ya! My 2007 Titan suffered cracked exhaust manifolds. Nissan never solved that issue.
New Gen 2 Titans lose cylinder 7, Nissan won't tell anyone why.
My 2014 Q60 will eventually get a sticky dash, even though the Q60/G37 was released in 2007, and the issues became apparent in early 2010 for many people, Nissan never resolved that issue (heard it happens to Z also).

I bought my first new Nissan in 1995. Have always had some issue with them all. I have also owned a bunch of other cars. My most recent troublesome car was a 2016 GTI that was always in the shop, needed the sunroof assembly and DSG replaced by 20K miles.

To me, these issues are "manageable" as I am a car enthusiast and I work on my own cars, kind of a bummer that cars aren't better, but many of the desirable cars seem to have issues.
Heck, I even had a 2003 Toyota V6 that had some kind of warranty extension and TSB about engine sludge.

Maybe a more reliable car would be a Lexus, but as everyone knows, it is very difficult to tune and mod Toyota engines as the ECUs are locked-down big time. So, Nissan and Infiniti for me.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote