View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Andaesthetics
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z
Andaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond repute

-Launch Edition: $47k - 400HP 3.0V6TT, limited production, comes in the yellow Z Proto color or 1-2 other base colors, Leather interior with the yellow contrast stitching, heated seats, Brembo brakes, new 20" Sport wheels in Bronze color, Sport exhaust, and carbon fiber exterior parts

-Sport: $40k - 400HP 3.0V6TT, Leather interior but no interior contrast stitching, heated seats, Brembo brakes, new 20" Sport wheels in standard color, standard exhaust, carbon fiber optional

-Base: $35k - 300-330HP (maybe the 400HP version) 3.0V6TT, Cloth interior with no interior contrast stitching or heated seats, standard brakes, standard 18" wheels, standard exhaust, no carbon fiber

I don't see them having "tech" or "touring" lines anymore because a lot of tech, such as backup cameras, are standard/mandatory in new production cars in the US. I'm sure the new dash and infotainment will be standard across all configurations as well.

I also don't see any version of the new Z being priced above $47k, besides the Nismo when it releases. The new Z is primarily going up against the Supra 3.0 Premium, Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Dodge Charger/Challenger Scat pack. All of these cars, besides the Supra, start at or below $41k. All of them, besides the Supra, also have anywhere from 455-485hp. The new Supra now being rated for 382hp.
Now, of course the GT, SS, and Scatpack will end up weighing nearly 400-1000lbs more than the new Z, but regardless they still deliver good power and some of those cars are still selling really well in the current market.

The only way I see the new Z being really successful is by disrupting the competitive market with a complete bargain. The new Z has the potential to do that. I think Nissan will undercut the Supra, but align pricing with the American sports cars it competes with.

Last edited by Andaesthetics; 10-15-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Andaesthetics is offline   Reply With Quote