View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #523 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up some remanet aluminum, .800 thickness, for 21 bucks at Alro Steel. It was scuffed and banged, but I do not care at that price. The aluminum will be used to plate off the center section of the intercoolers so I can run a single 1" feed into the back side.

The plate section was done with two pieces of aluminum so that there would be slightly less welding. There's a small gap where the pieces meet but that's really no problem. A little length was left on the aluminum to bang over towards the joint. I didn't want to hammer it over until a few tacks were done.

Normally a metal sheer would be used to make a crisp cut. I do not have one of those... SO... death wheel it gets. The good news is that I'm fairly steady with my cuts so it's pretty damn straight. You be the judge.

If you notice the "U" missing off the intercoolers (well you will now), they have been ripped off. I wasn't loving the look of how it would all work. I'm going to pie cut the whole intake.... YAY. Well, Ask me again tomorrow and you might get a different answer.

I talked to the fella making my pan and he said he just ordered the bungs for the pan, I told him I'm using AN lines for my remote oil filter. Looks like I need to get rolling on the remote oil filter lines and placement sooner than later! Not a bad problem to have.

Other things ordered in the last couple days....

3 -20 bungs for the hard line (ordered 1 extra... because... you have seen my work)
WIX oil filter for the Clearview filter
Oil pressure sensor for the valley pan
1" bung for the back of the plate.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote