View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
cgr406
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Sport Tour 6M
cgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond repute

So the power delivery profiles (TQ curves) of the turbos kits vs the A2A S/C kits are very different. I have a S/C kit & can tell you that all of the power is top end (5k+), not much mid range TQ. The car is fast, but you have to drive it like you stole it. You don't get the same mid range TQ as you would w/ a turbo, thus the car doesn't feel as fast. However, it does hook up pretty well, so it's able to make good use of the power. If money were no object I would have gone turbo & most likely Fast Intentions. Also, i wanted to do the work myself & simply don't have the facility to remove & replace the motor, which is required to install the FI turbo kit. W/ the S/C kit, the complete installation can be done w/out removing the motor. So the all in cost of the turbo kits including installation is a lot higher. Just depends on your budget & how you want the car to drive.