View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I dunno about the VQ37 being the best sounding engine. I will agree, the exhaust note with the right exhaust is amazing, and I do believe the exhaust note sounds as good as any desirable car. But the sound coming from in front of the firewall....ehhh...the VQ37 has a reputation for having a coarse, rough sounding character to it that the earlier VQ's didn't have. I've owned several VQ's, and it's true this VQ37 seems thrashy to me (not the exhaust sound). I love the sound of my car with the windows down, but with the windows up, and the underhood sound is more prevalent, I'll have to disagree that it's the best sounding V6. Honda J's sound much better from in front of the firewall.

And, as far as the VR goes, have you even heard VRs with aftermarket exhaust? They sound great.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote