View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas_XD View Post
Thanks for the great feedback. A couple follow-up questions:

My car is auto so I was planning to put it into neutral, then enable the e-Brake, then put it into park for storage? I usually do this when I park anyway because I read going into neutral first before enabling the e-brake, then putting it into park puts the least strain on the car. Maybe you can confirm? Or perhaps it's different for storage?

I have been using 91 oct gas, do I use 93 strictly for storage? Or can I do the 91 as I have been doing?

My car will be parked in a non-heated garage (though it's mostly insulated) still does get cold in there during the harshest winter days, and will be parked on concrete. Not sure what tires I have but they appear to be wide performance tires. Maybe I should just go with some inch thick rubber mats below each tire instead of full-fledged flatstoppers?

I have driven it about 1500km since the last oil change. Does that impact people's recommendations to change it out for winter storage? Seems like I have barely driven it since the swap. It was MOBIL ONE 5W-30 oil.

Thanks again my man. Appreciate the info. And to everyone else. This is very useful.
Someone else will have to chime in regarding the e brake situation on an auto. My recommendation would be to just get it into neutral and chalk it.

Running 91 Oct is fine. The car is rated for premium fuel. So 91 will cut it. Add stabil and it'll be fine.

It can't hurt to put some rubber mats under the tires. My car has sat on solid concrete in -20f temps for months on end without any issues with the tires becoming flat. Just be sure to over inflate to 40psi. I would save the money and get some fun car parts for what flatstoppers cost.

Id still recommend changing the oil. It has cycled the engine and mixed with whatever was leftover. For $30 if you diy, you'll have safe of mind.