View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2string1 View Post
I have a battery tender. There is no electricity where it's being stored. Hence the question, Should I remove it and bring it home and hook it up to my tender? Sounds like I should remove it.
You definately could remove it and tend it at home. Wouldn't hurt. It's just a pita to carry. Haha.

I've stored mine in cold storage for the past 6 years. You will lose radio presets, windows will need to be reset, and the clock on the gauge will be gone. That's it. All nav presets and other stuff will work like normal.

Let the car idle for a solid 5 minute sminimum upon first startup in the spring to get rid of any moisture buildup, let fluids circulate properly, and allow the ecu to relearn stuff. I've personally never had the car act weird after sitting for 6 months, but it doesn't hurt to just let it run.

I replaced the OEM battery last year with an interstate one. The OEM was 10 years old. And 6 of those 10 years have been in cold storage. (-20f) during winter. I've never had to jump the car or anything upon initially startup in the spring.