View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

I've been storing mine in cold storage for the past 6 years.

1) inflate to 40psi. I don't bother with cradles. It's a non-heated building that'll go down into the negatives and I've never suffer flat spots on the tires. Firehawk indy 500s btw for reference.

2) a few dryer sheets inside the cabin and hatch. Helps reduce weird smells without being obnoxious.

3) crack the windows slightly.

4) leave car in neutral if manual and do not use e-brake. Chalk the car obviously if you go this route.

5) steel wool in tail pipes and decon or other pesticide around the car to keep critters out.

6) disconnect the battery. You lose your radio and clock, but that's it. I've never had any noticeable impact on performance after reconnecting and this is from someone running a custom tune.

7) car cover, but make sure the car is spotless. If you put the cover on with dust still on the car, it could micro scratch the paint voer time.

8) change oil before it goes into into storage and after you pull it out.

9) full bottle of regular stabil into the tank of 93 Oct. Let idle for 5 minutes and you're good to go.

10) take photos of it in storage if you're storing it in a public place. And write down mileage.