View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I respect your opinion but in reality this is like saying... I prefer chocolate bars over bananas for several reasons.
But first & foremost, I think the vq sound is very unrefined, sewing machineish from the outside and unless you have the sound enhancer inside your car its kinda raspy. Aftermarket exhaust is a must in a 370z from my standpoint. I THE vq35 sounds are legendary and the vq37 sounds are a mockery to the 350 engine, if we are just talking sounds? Nissan neglected the 370.

I test drove the q50/q60s the month it dropped. And these are a few perspectives I think you should consider...
1. You drove n/a vs aspirated
2. Manual vs auto
3. A well insulated luxury car vs a sports car focused on handling & weight savings.
4. We still don't know what type of auto the next Z is getting? If it were to get a DCT? It will sound much better? If its an upgraded Jatco? It will depend. Remember you gotta cut off about 12" of piping in a Z.

So a lot of factors are missing in your analysis. Not knocking your opinion. You're going to like what youre going to like.

I always said the q60 chassis is nowhere near stiff enough for the engine. Its nowhere near as planted as the sports cars now. That transmission is a joke. Its like when they put the 5 speed auto on the vq37 in the g37. That thing had no balls.
What I was able to get out of the red sport test drive is...
If the vr30 gets a dual clutch? The new Z will feel like and drive like a mini lightweight GTR. And thats a dream come true. Feeling what a GTR would feel like in rwd would be amazing. Then add the option of a manual and you're hitting all corners of the enthusiast market.

The Z was great in its hey day. And a classic driving awesome car today. But this new Z I think will be a mix of old and new done right. If you really absolutely like NA cars? The Z34 is a keeper. But honestly, im in the na I prefer now. Im dying for an induction rwd Z.

Cheers for a vibrant future for enthusiasts.