View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Yas_XD
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z Touring
Yas_XD is on a distinguished road
Default Hibernation Time -- Quick Q's

Hey all, just bought my first Z a few months ago! She's an 09 in white, only 42k and impeccable condition. Not a scratch, odor, tear, or chip. Got her for $15,000k and despite the great price I want to treat her right, which is why I'm here posting!

Looking at winter storage here in Calgary, Canada where the winters will get cold and snowy. The Z will be resting in my garage (not heated) for the winter months. Done lots of research into how to properly store her through various reading on this forum. Wondering if I have checked all the boxes here?

Will be setting her to sleep sometime in early November and wake her up in April...the plan in place is:

1. Inflate tires to a solid PSI (40?) and place on Flatstopper ramps. Is there another option? Read a few people say it's unnecessary, some use mats?
2. Battery maintainer -- Motomaster Eliminator Precision Series 1.5A -- hooked up directly to the battery in the garage, which can get a bit chilly on the coldest days but still way nicer than outside. But after reading, don't want to detach the battery from the car? Seems better to leave it?
3. Car Cover
4. Add Stabil to full tank, take for a quick drive to mix it in
5. Thorough cleaning in and out
6. Recently took it in for service in July, so assuming all liquids are fine until the Spring when I'll take it for service again
7. Cancel insurance for the winter months

Really appreciate any feedback. I'm very new to sports cars and winter hibernation in general -- happy to have acquired a lot of information (some conflicting) via this and other forums. I got most of this info through the site and want to make sure all my research yielded the correct plan!

Glad to have joined the ranks of Z owners.

Last edited by Yas_XD; 10-12-2020 at 12:36 AM.
Yas_XD is offline   Reply With Quote