View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ralphatron
Base Member

Drives: '20 mt sport z
Ralphatron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
Welcome to the 370Z forums. Nice stance you have there and beautiful Z! How are you liking the BC coilovers? Definitely search the forum there is a lot of great ideas here for modifications to your Z. I know the feeling waiting for parts sometimes you have to play the waiting game to get what you really want.
Thank you

So about the BC coilovers...

I actually went with the DS series which offers digressive damping instead of linear. I had only ever driven in cars with linear dampers before and was kind of sold on the "stiff when slow, comfortable when fast" ideology, even though this is my daily that I drive on the street 99.999% of the time and that saying really just applies to a track driver's mindset not to mention how inaccurate it really is.

Basically, with a digressive damping curve most of the damping force is applied right away no matter how little the bump you're driving over is instead of requiring a hard shock to the damper. This leaves you with feeling the tiniest imperfections at all times, while bigger imperfections don't feel much different. Despite having the compression/rebound adjustment set to the softest setting, this feeling is super annoying unless the road is perfectly smooth. It's a very strange thing to experience and describe, but long story short, I learned a good lesson here and am currently waiting for my custom order of the BR series to arrive lol. This DS kit I got came with regular BC springs at 10k front, 5k rear (true rear). The new BR series kit I have on the way will have swift springs at 12k/7k.
Ralphatron is offline   Reply With Quote