View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 09:44 PM   #5015 (permalink)
abm89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370Z | 24 EL450
abm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond repute

I installed the sensors and the fittings tonight for the oil pressure gauge. I had a tiny leak at the fitting for the gauge sensor so I backed it out and added Teflon tape (I must have forgot). No obvious leaks after running the car and doing a slight rev. I didnt drive it down the street but it should be ok. All of the fittings don’t thread in all the way, but I guess that is expected with tapered threads. I was able to get a reasonable amount of turns on all of them and tightening them so I was sure they are not being backed out easily. Any tips on dealing with those fittings? I’ve been reading through the threads, and I think I’ll add some RTV to the base of the fittings so it will at least give me an extra seal. I saw absolutely no leaks at the BSPT fittings on the block or the OEM sensor.

Also I went ahead and ordered a new undertray. Trying the Z1 version this time.