View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
HellvalleyZ
Base Member

Drives: 04 Nissan 350z MT
HellvalleyZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
Sounds like "you should get a custom tune" kind of issue, the stock tune is very ...let's say hybrid up until 3.2k, this is normal, it is most felt usually after driving normal and then flooring it from a stop, the car re-learns to be a bit agressive or hybrid depending on the driver accel input, but all of this is even more noticible if you modified the intake and the exhaust, at this point you need a custom tune to get your car accelerating right.
The custom tune will definitely take care of the issue, however I'm just not done modding the car yet, once I finish that it'll go in for a tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I doubt the ECU update is going to do jack for you. The changes are not performance related. More like maintenance to keep up with newer technology from what I've heard. Report back and let us know.
A few years ago I read an article that stated Nissan for, I believe the 2018 year model, improved the throttled response and remapped it, though I can't seem to find that article.

Currently on my way to pick the car up today

Edit: found the article
https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/rel...upe-press-kit#
Also in 2018, the 370Z driving experience was enhanced through optimized acceleration and torque profile tuning. Without changing the engine's internal structure or components, engine performance was improved through careful refinement of Accelerator Pedal Opening (APO) and Throttle Valve Opening (TVO) angles. Manual transmission-equipped 370Z models added a motorsports-inspired EXEDY® high-performance clutch."
"

Last edited by HellvalleyZ; 10-09-2020 at 03:52 PM.
HellvalleyZ is offline   Reply With Quote