View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 08:39 PM   #1938 (permalink)
Spoiler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21 Supra -Blk/Red
Spoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
I zero’d in on that ACDC tune thinking it might be “Highway to Hell”

I totaled a car while that song was playing once. I got the cassette tape out of the car but it always had a skip right at the point where I crashed.

It was a bad one too... Summer of ‘79, and I had just got me a brand new Ranchero GT... Had it 2 days

Super sweet ride that I only had 106 miles on the odometer before I took it through a guys yard, hitting his car, truck and motorcycle before burying my Rancheroo into his house. Bedroom to be exact. I wasn't really hurt but I couldn't get out of the Ranchero because the doors were jammed shut. The hood was straight up and we had a small fire going on in the engine bay. This dude grabs his shotgun and puts it on my temple telling me that I just wrecked everything he owns and he was going to kill me. I told him that maybe we should call the sheriff because this was just an accident. After some discussion, I convinced him that we would better off calling the cops then handling this ourselves...

Anyhow... Cops got there, I get a major azz ticket, but lived to enjoy another day...

Ah, sweet memories.... “Highway to Hell“ always makes me think of that night...