View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #520 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Good call on moving on to avoid the burn out.
I took a few days off of work to wrap up the radiator setup. I'm glad I did, it would have been terrible to attempt doing the templates and metal work over a series of days starting then stopping like I normally do. Now don't get me wrong... I really liked doing all the metal work and welding... but there is some anxiety around doing the work because I'm so darn green at it. Thankfully, the persistence paid off in this scenario because it would have sucked to have another flop like the hood mold that I tried back in February this year.

This probably wont come as a shocker to any of you.... but I'm already thinking of a version 2 vmount down the road. Going through the process, with anything, gives the hind sight adjustments. I'm thinking carbon fiber airbox that mounts into a a chromoly crashbar.

Main point, I have something that will be functional now. Yes. I was 100% getting burnt out. I'm getting a surge of motivation for the next pats of the build.

Well since I'm in the rambling mood.

My low profile filters came in yesterday, I ordered them on Aug 3rd. Good thing I didn't need them! gesh.

Here's my short list of what I want to work on next:

1: Clearview oil filter mounted and make list of fittings.
2: Mount A2W IC and start plumbing.
3: Start pulling fuel line.

The Clearview needs will go where the battery use to be. I'll look into an access panel that can be welded in (yay! new skill put to use). Come to think of it... I can also break some metal to fit it too. I guess these skills come around in the long run.

I'll keep my thread updated... Always do. Again, thanks for following this wild a$$ process.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote