View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I have sent the oil out for tests at 7k, 10k, 15k, and 20k. I have always used Mobil 1 synthetic with Nissan OEM filters. On my parent graves , I have a 8 qt. Capacity with JW oil pan spacer and G-Plus oil cooler without fan. You will be surprised at the viscosity of the oil at these milage points. My car has 159k and I loose only half a pint of oil at 15k. These days the oils are so good that even some new cars now suggest oil replacement between 10k and 15k. Of course if you get on it a lot, would do it sooner. I'm a mechanical engineer not a rocket scientist, but the numbers don't lie. My compression is a smi get below factory specs on the high side. This is an amazing engine!!!
Viscosity is one thing but how about other crap suspended in the oil. So you saying that wear materials and metals in oil are the same at 7k as 20K?

If so, Interesting.

Sorry for thread jack. Nice build. I have the Zspeed metal shield. I take it completely off. Take 5 minutes with electric ratchet.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote