View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
MrNibiru
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo 370Z
MrNibiru is on a distinguished road
Default V6 X-pipe VS H-pipe flow test

I am looking into a replacement exhaust for the Borla Type-S which came on the car when I bought it. I ran across this while searching V6 exhaust on other platforms as I felt what is good for the gander. Apparently the H-pipe flows better for top end power, while the X-pipe flows better for low end power.

I have only seen 2 exhaust which use an X-pipe while searching. The Invidia Gemini and the Greddy Evolution G. It's seems most use an H-pipe. I think the Borla Type-S does and the factory oem Nismo exhaust does which he took off the car. Not really sure why he even changed it as the car doesn't seem louder than stock. Luckily he gave it to the dealership if I want to swap it back on. I'm almost tempted to just put the oem one back on and just change add headers and high flow cats.

Does anyone know if there is a significant gain of hp/tq for a modified car using 2.25" piping vs 2.5" piping?

If you have any suggestions on exhaust let me know and please include a dyno showing the gains. Here is a link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crCWF5cmLk
MrNibiru is offline   Reply With Quote