View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #1621 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Elmo370z had the same problem. Seb was tuning it. Put on the SOHO oil catch can setup and that solved it. Knock was gone. I would never reduce the sensitivity of the knock sensor. That is not an option. You got to know the hardware to understand what the software is telling you.
From my understanding there is a difference between how sensitive the OEM ECU reads the knock sensor and how sensitive Ecutek reads the knock sensor. Sometimes the Ecutek software detects knock even when the OEM ECU does not. This discrepancy is the problem a few folks are encountering IINM. So it's really just a software programming thing and not the actual sensor sensitivity - I realize I did not post that clearly at all. Also, please note that I'm no expert but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |