View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

I do think the 40th looks really, really nice. I'd go about my car so much differently if it was a 40th — still would do mods, but baby it, car cover it all the time. Replacing the paint is a bit of a tougher flex if I recall correctly.

It, and the Nismo V1 will very likely climb in value, but I wouldn't say it's to a point you'd be calling it an investment. The immediate satisfaction likely outweighs that prospect.

Judging by how much time it took the S30 to command 6-digits (and that's not so often) in particular circumstances, and then the same for the Z32 while also being a beneficiary of current 90's JDM demand, it's gonna be a long time for something like the 40th Anniversary to climb value — and it's not going to be some kind of amazing "Let's close the Krusty Krab!" pay day.

For the most part I expect the 40th will be the type of car you'd regret selling because changing your mind and reacquiring another later would come at a loss.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote