View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pelemenii
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z White 6M
Pelemenii is on a distinguished road
Default Uprev Tune Issue

Got my car tuned with Uprev through a local tuner about 3 weeks ago, I had also purchased the arc license for the flame/ burble maps. My car has K&N drop-in filters, a muffler delete, and mind that my CATS are stock.

I understand that the pops and bangs maps would already sound weak/quiet when I have stock CATS and exhaust, but I wanted to see for myself, and it did sound great for my liking. The car felt and sounded amazing during these few weeks driving around for about 300-500 miles after the tune. But I recently out of nowhere noticed that my pops and bangs sound extremely quieter than they always were. I was driving home one day and I can hear that all my burbles sound very different... as if they are now muffled 3x more. I will still get the occasional bang, but every other pop and burble is much quieter than it was say even a day before. They used to sound so clear and so crisp, but now they just sound so muffled all of the sudden and I have no idea why!

The actual tone of the car sounds a little quieter as well, my cold starts are not as aggressive... which is very odd. I am just very confused on why the car is doing this.

Anyone had a similar issue/ experience with this? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
Pelemenii is offline   Reply With Quote