View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
dave11
Base Member

Drives: 2020 370Z 6M
dave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
If you don't want to hurt the potential collectors value of a car (you never know, maybe a future Fast and Furious type movie will feature our car, causing it's value to skyrocket) Did people who brought bitcoin for a dollar a piece know it was going to be $10,000 plus, doesn't hurt to preserve.

Anyways if you don't want to hurt the value of any car, rule #1: Don't drill holes in the sheet metal.

I am a fellow owner of a 2020; a base Passion Red, I debated on getting the OEM spoiler, and even though we are dealing with OEM parts here, couldn't bring myself to drill holes. Then I realized, the spoiler doesn't make it look better. It just looks different, and the spoiler-less model has it's own unique, almost Porsche like beauty.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, and you are itching to spend money on upgrading your baby, honestly, start with the fluids. I have an engineering background, and let me tell you, uprated fluids can cover or mask design flaws and limitations. This is what I recommend:

1. Motul RBF600 in clutch. DO THIS NOW. I had the dealer change this fluid before I drove off the lot. Each mile you drive right now with your crappy factory fluid, is wearing out your CSC. Our CSC's are weak, but if you change out your fluid religiously every year with fresh RBF600, your CSC may last you 200000+ km. Also RBF600 in brakes.

2. After you finish the break in period of 2000km, change out the rest of the fluids with the following full synthetics: Motul ATF VI in power steering. Redline 5W-30 in engine. Redline MT-85 in transmission. Redline 75W90 in rear differential.

As for parts, the truth of the matter is the only upgrades that generally don't hurt (and could slightly enhance) a car's value are first-party OEM performance parts (such as Nismo for Nissan for example). I may upgrade to a Nismo R-tune exhaust, as I get a bump in sound, performance and build quality. I just want a bit louder, but not cop magnet loud and I don't want to tank the value of my car.

PS. Instead of getting a spoiler, get the OEM front lip. I got it for my base, makes the front end look so much better and more aggressive and its only like $120 and doesn't hurt your resale.

viiv

I also have a 2020. I had the R-Tune installed. It truly makes it a different car. It makes beautiful music.
dave11 is offline   Reply With Quote