Thread: Oil cooler temp
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute

Similar setup to the described. I have both factory and aftermarket oil cooler installed, normal temps with both are around 200-210 deg. in warm weather. Cold weather usually stays at 185 deg. This is the lower limit of the thermostat on the sandwich plate. Before the install, the car ran 235+ in warm weather even hotter when pushed. Nothing out of the ordinary. I do think though that the car is happiest with 185 deg as a low temp for the oil. Others have stated and my experience on track is similar, I see 255 deg. regularly in the Texas heat. During the cool down lap it rapidly drops back to 220 by the time I exit the track.

Good luck with your setup.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote