View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 07:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

If Nissan holds to tradition, which is the basis for this car, my money is that Nissan will either call it "300Z" or "Z".

I highly doubt they'll call it 400 as an arbitrary sequencing of numbers, and they definitely won't call it 400 for HP. Ever since the ZX's in the late 70's, the HP of these cars has been variable. Some are turbo, some are NA, some are HR, some are Nismo, etc. Naming the next Z "400" because of HP makes no sense.

I'm also going to bet that within the first 2 years the new Z will have 3 HP levels, base, upgrade and Nismo. What the exact HP numbers will be, I dunno, and how Nissan assigns the HP to each trim we'll have to see. Just shooting from the hip: 300HPish for base and near base models, 400HPish for upgraded models near the top, and 450HPish for NISMO. ish.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote