View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #3020 (permalink)
GeauxTigers1
Track Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Nismo
GeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Yes, when you depress the pedal the clutch makes a funky noise. I don't mind it at all. It's not a rattle, it is a funny little noise. Break the clutch in, LOL. On a carbon clutch it is not that necessary. You need that heat to get it to bite.
I must add that the noise is the carbon disks and metal disks moving around in the clutch basket. For a multi plate clutch this is normal and it is rather quite. It shouldn't squeal, more like ball bearings rattling around in a glass jar when you make
them sling around and around.
Great to hear! It doesn’t bother me either, much preferred in fact to the old 6 puck but wanted to make sure! And your description of that sound is MUCH better than mine. Lol!

And are you telling me I DONT need an initial break in?? I was going to take it easy for the first 500 miles.
Fast Intentions Kit Stage 2 #076 2017 Twin Turbo 370z Nismo. JMS Built Block, Closed Deck 874whp, 803lbs Tq e85 Ecutek Tune
GeauxTigers1 is offline   Reply With Quote