View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Was at the track this past weekend with the new TT setup. Was having some odd power problems would lose power seemingly randomly, half throttle, full throttle, straightaway, or corner. Till I noticed a small poof of white looking haze from the top front center of the hood vents. I never had a Coolant temp issue so I wasn't in the habit of checking the gauge and saw that it was completely on the end of the gauge (270F+ or 132C+). Once it cooled down I was able to add 1/2 gallon of distilled water.
Specs:
CFS Radiator & Nissan Coolant(thought I had switched to water+waterwetter)

So a couple questions.
Does the engine go into limp mode for coolant temp, I would think so, could that be the loss of power I was experiencing here and there?

Is there anything more I can do? Planning on adding some better ducting and a splitter but not sure if that's enough.

Wish I could have run more sessions to try some different things but the clutch stopped holding at full throttle.

Check your CSF radiator for a leaky endcap at the welds. They don't last that long. I have one also but I am going to treat it as a maintenance item. 2 years, get a new one.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote