View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
No, I've had other issues over the years of randomly being locked out of gears. This is why I've replaced nearly everything related to the transmission except for the transmission itself in hopes of resolving that. I think the synchros are just shot.
Probably. Unless you're having physical trouble getting it into gear there's no real problem. Just be super slow with it to minimize future wear. If it's just the noise that bothers you so much you're thinking about buying a new transmission, then you should have bought a different car lol

Mine grinds 4th and 5th gears if I shift with any bit of force. Sometimes even if I'm extra careful it still grinds in 5th. It's done that pretty much since it was new.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote