View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
kbc749
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
kbc749 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

After speaking to Joe via email. He said it looks like the clutch itself has failed. The CSC has some marking on it as if it was struck by something. Also it looks like the throwout bearing is not perfectly aligned with the clutch, so it is unevenly pressing on the clutch causing premature wear.

The clutch that is installed is the Z1 Motorsports 6 Puck clutch. I installed it in December 2019/January 2020 and have driven about 2700 miles since the install. I did make a youtube video about the install so I will be showing that video to Z1 if the clutch is physically broken when I drop the trans later this week.

Needless to say I am massively disappointed. I need to drop the transmission, diagnose all of the failed components and open up my bank account. yay.

CMAK kit is guaranteed, I'm struggling with clutch choices though because I really don't want to drop the $1500 to buy full replacements plus the CMAK kit. But I'm not sure I would want to buy another Z1 clutch if this one has failed in 2700 miles.