View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
From their unveiling vid, I caught a mention that the project started in 2017.

3 years sound incredibly short for preparing a new car to me, because I usually hear companies talking that they were designing 5-10 years ahead.

But it's also on an existing platform, using an engine they've used in the Q50/60 for a few years, and probably has a ton of parts carrying over.
That's the only way it would be financial viable. Especially in Nissan's current financial state.
If Toyota is doing the same, that they had to partner up with bmw and Toyota said it would cost to much for them to build a new sports car, than nissan doesnt have a chance to build a new sports car.
Unless they partnered with another company like Mercedes or something.

I'll be in my bunk!

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote