View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
From their unveiling vid, I caught a mention that the project started in 2017.
3 years sound incredibly short for preparing a new car to me, because I usually hear companies talking that they were designing 5-10 years ahead.

But it's also on an existing platform, using an engine they've used in the Q50/60 for a few years, and probably has a ton of parts carrying over.
It's not a new car. It's an existing platform with existing drivetrain. Basically it's a new body kit and some interior technology upgrades. Could have taken all of 6 months with the right team. Three years is laughable and just goes to show the shitstorm that Nissan has become.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote