View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
optiontrader
Track Member

Drives: 40th
optiontrader is on a distinguished road

I overall like the styling; thankful that Nissan is not overdoing it, yet paying some homage to the cars some of us lusted over when were were kids. Again, my only "issue" is the grill which I'm slowly beginning to tolerate as I'm beginning to see more and more of the 240/280Z heritage as I review the designs side-by-side. I totally see the "challenges" in trying to combine the heritage look with modern styling: Nissan couldn't put the exterior chrome bumper across it to break down the "wide open" mouth because, well it's the 21st century. Likewise, adding an angle or two the rectangle might modernize it, but you're drifting further and further from the "heritage" element. Maybe Nissan presented it as is, and wanted to see which way the enthusiasts' reactions went. But honestly, if they released production "as-is", I can live with the grille.

Not too concerned with weight, actually hoping they add some cabin quieting goodies as this may be my new commuting DD. Love the interior.

But again - VR30DDTT mated to a manual (something that they should have done with the Q60S - and the reason why I never shopped that car). What a wonderful mill.

40th Anniversary Z - 3M Paint Protection Film, CA Legal Tint! (70/40)
optiontrader is offline   Reply With Quote