View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 12:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
ratseal2
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Black Nismo 6MT
ratseal2 is on a distinguished road

Just a quick update, made the 21 hour drive, traded in the car, drove 5 hours and slave cylinder went out. Got stranded in Texas for 3 days waiting for fix, my original dealer paid for everything and made it home. Shes a beauty and I love every inch of the car.

Already put my Invidia Gemini back on that was on my original Z, and just installed my Takeda long tube CAI ( was a pain in the *** but made it work ) and boy does she sound beastly when you step on it. It has a few extra rattles and funny noises inside the car that I'm not used to, but nothing too crazy. I actually think the Nismo rides smoother than my Touring (possibly the nice Michelin's) and the suspension difference is definitely noticeable in turns and bumpy roads.

Also noticed that this car has the same "issue" or whatever you want to call it that my Touring had with it's clutch. After some driving (few hours or so, or every few days) it seems that the clutch gets "loose" and it gets very jittery when leaving from a stop without doing anything differently. It progressively gets worse to where I can hardly take off without feeling like the car is jerking back and forth taking off. However, if I do any kind of clutch burning (small peel out or burnout or w/e) to the point where I can smell the clutch, it feels tight and good as new and the process repeats. Does anyone have any clue what this might be? This is my 2nd Z in a row that does this. I will say the clutch in the nismo is not as dramatic and it takes longer for it to get as bad, but i still notice the same pattern. I don't mind it that much, but it can definitely get annoying in traffic or parking lots and such as it looks like i have no idea what im doing jerking around in first gear but then i can burn the clutch a little and it feels like a brand new car for a while.
ratseal2 is offline   Reply With Quote