View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 06:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
God-Speed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Prototype
God-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZTX View Post
09/25/2020

About a week ago, the alternator had failed. I was in the middle of the street sitting at the light with no throttle response and hopped out of the car to start pushing it somewhere...anywhere.

A couple of nice guys hopped out of their cars and helped me bring it into a parking lot...bad news is, they put too much pressure on the Powertrix Mines' style add-on and snapped it off. It hit the construction pavement pretty hard, and the carbon fiber is busted and stressed at nearly every convex angle of the piece.

I can't stomach the damage, so I'm considering selling it off for dirt cheap to help pitch towards a new one.

In the process of sanding off the old JB Weld adhesive from my stock spoiler, I careless added several scratches to my paint just below the spoiler and above the passenger tail light. Ordered some Dr. Colorchip in NAG right away, hopefully this helps cover up/buffer off the visible scratch damage.

I keep kicking myself in the foot through this whole process and it's been quite stressful. Just glad it'll all be -almost over- once I am able to source a new Powertrix add-on. Until then, that back end is going to look pretty rough, lol.

But it's okay because at the end of the day I still have it all in one piece, and I'm very happy about that. Scratches smratches, hakuna matata, it'll all be okay.

Will update once I am able to install the new add-on and chip repair some of the scratch damage.

Sorry to hear this. Yes it Sux but it could have been alot worst. As far as the scratches go let James or myself take a look at it. Us older guys know a trick or two that may help out on buffing them out. It will be back to clean and crisp before you know it.
God-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote