View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 06:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
KingZTX
Base Member

Drives: Slow, homie
KingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond repute

09/25/2020

About a week ago, the alternator had failed. I was in the middle of the street sitting at the light with no throttle response and hopped out of the car to start pushing it somewhere...anywhere.

A couple of nice guys hopped out of their cars and helped me bring it into a parking lot...bad news is, they put too much pressure on the Powertrix Mines' style add-on and snapped it off. It hit the construction pavement pretty hard, and the carbon fiber is busted and stressed at nearly every convex angle of the piece.

I can't stomach the damage, so I'm considering selling it off for dirt cheap to help pitch towards a new one.

In the process of sanding off the old JB Weld adhesive from my stock spoiler, I careless added several scratches to my paint just below the spoiler and above the passenger tail light. Ordered some Dr. Colorchip in NAG right away, hopefully this helps cover up/buffer off the visible scratch damage.

I keep kicking myself in the foot through this whole process and it's been quite stressful. Just glad it'll all be -almost over- once I am able to source a new Powertrix add-on. Until then, that back end is going to look pretty rough, lol.

But it's okay because at the end of the day I still have it all in one piece, and I'm very happy about that. Scratches smratches, hakuna matata, it'll all be okay.

Will update once I am able to install the new add-on and chip repair some of the scratch damage.