View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #501 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I found out why my last welds went from bad to impossible. The argon gas ran out... So yeah, that was a problem. I was getting so pissed at the end because I kept taking off the part, cleaning the metal, cleaning the tungsten, lightly grinding the metal and putting it back on just to keep shooting Zeus's lighting bolts at the flat stock murdering what I had JUST cleaned up.

The more you know.

ORB fittings for the valve breathers were at the shop for over a week. Pretty cool... Those were put on and it was very gratifying, and it was such a simple thing too. Probably because the breather system is a completed system where as everything else is in the middle of incomplete. Best part was, that it was really simple to do. I needed that. Easy wins are welcomed every now and then.

After that, the arts and crafts has begun for the air box. I'm starting with paper because it's cheap and easy. The sheets of aluminum I bought were 30 dollars a piece... maybe 25. Something like that. Point being... I don't feel like buying a whole bunch due to mistakes OR trying to flatten out a mistake.

After everything is cut to shape (and figured out), the aluminum sheet will go on the underside of the flat stock. I'll then drill holes and rivet the aluminum together. The sides of the box will be held down with threaded rivets and screws. Well... that's what I'm thinking so far. Sometimes things change as I'm doing it.

Last edited by gbrettin; 09-24-2020 at 10:27 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote