View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #5940 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBaapG35 View Post
I agree that the HP#/$ is low comparatively to C8, Camaro etc, but since the engine (hopefully) will be a variation of the VR30, you can expect much higher gains from Bolt-Ons and butt-dyno gains. I moved over to single turbo S4, similar hp to 370z, but alot more torque and with simple boltons (Intake, exhaust, BOV), both sound/performance has increased so much more then did when i did full bolt-ons plus tune on my 370z.

Just check out some q60 sport/red sport dynos with simple bolt ons and you'll see the massive tuning advantages of FI.

I can't wait for Fast Intentions to do their magic with the exhaust. Loved it on my 370z and they sound amazing on the VR Q''s currently.
Nissan is expected to price this car
right. It will be a 400hp car priced in the range of a 4 cylinder supra. Undercutting Toyota by a high margin. And with the option of manual? If Toyota doesn't offer a manual by next model year? You will see loads of supra trade in's at Nissan dealerships.

As far as the corvette goes. The c8 now, is what the z34 was... a standalone car. The corvettes competitors are about $100,000 above its weight class. So the Z35 will in no shape way or form be a corvette competitor.
The camaro and mustang drive like sports cars instead of muscle cars. Since 2013, the American market has dominated the foreign market. We haven't seen anything like this since the Buick Grand National and the Pontaic Firebird GTA.
But even still... i don't see this Z as a direct competitor to muscle. I see the Supra & Z as its own rivalry revisited. And hopefully mazda & Mitsubishi will bring their competitors into the fight.

I fell in love with the Q60 engine. And I have wet dreams about the VR30 getting a real transmission & stiffer chassis thats lacking in the Q60. Also. If the development of the Z somehow improves the Q60 drastically in its refresh? Will the Z be the car to buy? Or the Q60? Cuz the Q60 is gorgeous!! Its going to be an interesting year.
Chevy patented a high compression 5.7 pushrod 350cu v8. So we may even see another American sleeper??? Im just glad that the sports car arena is finally perking up and we are seeing new options.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/it-does...w-nissan-400z/

On another note. People are hatinv on the Proto Z. Smh.

1. Its a proto. So there's room for improvement.
2. With all the whining for a manual car? Nissan DELIVERED!!
3. The overall shape is beautiful despite a desperate need for aesthetic and physical improvements being needed.
4. 400hp 2seat coupe in the low 40k range? Who else is doing it at that price?

This is what i hate about the American enthusiast market.
We are the least enthusiastic and least satisfied, then wonder why we dont get foreign nations best cars!!
People are ridiculous.