View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #5876 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

What's funny is this: The 370z has become MORE beautiful not just because it's grown on people, but because it's a simple design while other vehicles have gone the ADHD styling route.

I'm a bit torn... If I could have a VR30 swap into my 370z along with that updated 6 speed, that would be great....

Hoping final updates will be an improvement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
I have been out of the car game for quite some time now so activity on the forum is nearly zilch. I had to see what you all were thinking of the new Z. I am posting my thoughts before reading anyone else’s and only based on the front, rear, and side profile shots I have seen on google images. I am doing it this way to make sure I don’t get any influence outside of my own first impressions.

I personally feel like this car was designed by 3 different people that had zero communication between each other. The side profile is great and looks like a generational step to the next Z car. It has a very modern feel to it. The rear is also nice and gives me a very retro vibe, something I was looking forward to with a new Z. How ever this is where it starts to lose me. It just does not flow with a straight side profile, or angled rear and side profile. Maybe it’s the black between the lights? It is almost too retro compared to the very modern flowing side. This brings me to the front. I am not totally decided on it. Straight on it kinda looks like a train wreck to me. With design elements of three different Z cars. An angled side profile does do it some justice though as the headlight and hood design fits well with the modern side profile.

In closing before this turns into gibberish, less is more. The car feels and looks like three different generations of Z cars mashed together in sections. They are all such a generational leap that the designs do not mesh well. Earlier concepts that stuck to a retro modern design were so much better. Another car that done it well IMO is the Dodge Challenger.

Anyway im a bit disappointed. Something huge to take note of though is the fact that I couldn’t stand the 370Z at launch either, and within a year owned two. It grew on me though because I was finally able to see the mesh of old and new. I hope this one does the same. I’m afraid it will not though because I had the same feelings about the new Supra and that car still disgusts me.
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote