View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 07:44 AM   #5869 (permalink)
SOUTHZZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z CS M6
SOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond repute

Was curious.The results did not surprise me.

What? the NUMBERS.

I guess it's human nature to ask for something if its not on your dime.
Some of you have never run your own business. Think of yourself running a car business.

Here are some round numbers that show units sold in a specific year for the U.S.:

350z
2003-------50,000 (incl.units sold in 2002)

2008-------10,000

370z
2009-------13,000

2019-------2,400

Data shows the drop in sales from the beginning to end.
Reasons?LAck of interest,competion,economy etc.
So,based on today's world,COVID,economy,protests,election etc,etc,to not play it
rich.
Makes sense for a car company to play it cheap and use as many smoke &mirrors they can.Call in the marketing guys...

Still,cannot wait for a 400Z to arrive at a dealer.I'm guessing,based on my past experience and the current level of "sales" personnel at a dealership,you will not find much in the way of many that will have knowledge about the 400Z.
My experience:In 2002,I went shopping for a 350Z.Went to 8 Nissan dealerships before
anyone had any knowledge about the car other than it was for sale.At dealer 8,the sales
mgr.was a car guy and handled my sale.Color I wanted had to be ordered.Took almost 3 months to arrive.
SOUTHZZ is offline   Reply With Quote