View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #5851 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the front grill is a bit too rectangular looking, and I definitely prefer some of the alternative renders.

I am a bit amused at comments saying it's "too big" though, because as far back as I can recall (my ownership began at Z31s) Z's have always struggled a bit with cooling. I thought I heard that the 350Z and 370Z have this issue also (never owned them) especially when tracked.
That's the challenge with a slope-nose design that the Z's have had since day 1, not much room for sucking in adequate air.

Now we're getting a twin turbo intercooled engine, there's now additional heat load placed in the engine bay. The grill is gonna have to be "big", I bet people who end up tracking their Z35's will find heat soak issues that require some form of modification.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote