View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #273 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConekillerZ34 View Post
4 events in (all on asphalt -- Bristol, Philly, Bristol 2.0, local BMW club), I've learned that this car is *difficult* to drive at the limit. It's really loose, and right now probably just too stiff for 285s, particularly in the rear. Even on a tight local course, my codriver (a DSP contender) and I were running fairly mid-range MCS settings on the front dampers and basically bottoming out the rear.

I'm at 1000lb/800lb with factory Nismo bars, and disconnecting the rear at the midday break of our local event certainly helped -- not enough to balance the rear damper settings back upwards though. First I'll be going for some bar changes. I find it ridiculous that the front and rear bars on this car are both 27mm. I would have tossed it out ages ago knowing that. Potentially softer springs if that's not enough of a fix, and if we don't move to 315s next year.

We also found ourselves instantly getting ABS while braking out of a faster sweeper. At first I assumed I'd finally encountered the issue everyone has been complaining about despite having a factory diff cover and HPS pads, but it sounds like the opposite of that problem given the previous discussion.

When I got home, I found some oil spewing out of a loose sandwich plate fitting and probably on to the front right corner, likely getting to the tire and/or brake disc, which coincidentally would have been under the most load at the time. For now I'll attribute the ABS to that unless you guys have other thoughts...
Your spring rates don't seem that out of line compared to others. Get yourself a Hotchkis front bar and lose the rear. It's shocking how much better it makes the car.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote