View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
trent1331
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB M6
trent1331 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to trent1331
Default Key Fob detecting only intermittently

Hey guys,

I've found a fair bit of info in other threads about the key fob not being detected by the car (at all), but my situation is a bit perplexing..

So my Z (2009) is creeping up on 100k miles and it had a good 5-6 month period where it sat with little driving over last Winter/Spring. Now the key fob isn't detected by the car, (so I use the keyfobgina to start it) until I drive her around for some variable amount of time, usually ~30 minutes/20+ miles. Then the car will detect the key normally for a while, even after parking and turning the car off and back on, then without fail after sitting overnight the fob is no longer being detected.

Anyone have any idea? Electrical issue? I can't imagine the fob antenna is disconnected if it works sometimes (I do still plan to check, just haven't had time to pull the console up)..

Only other context I have is that I recently had the roof and windshield replaced by a reputable body shop after the Z was vandalized, but the start of the issue did not coincide with the timing of the repairs.

Last edited by trent1331; 09-17-2020 at 04:10 PM.
trent1331 is offline   Reply With Quote