View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #272 (permalink)
ConekillerZ34
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo Tech
ConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

4 events in (all on asphalt -- Bristol, Philly, Bristol 2.0, local BMW club), I've learned that this car is *difficult* to drive at the limit. It's really loose, and right now probably just too stiff for 285s, particularly in the rear. Even on a tight local course, my codriver (a DSP contender) and I were running fairly mid-range MCS settings on the front dampers and basically bottoming out the rear.

I'm at 1000lb/800lb with factory Nismo bars, and disconnecting the rear at the midday break of our local event certainly helped -- not enough to balance the rear damper settings back upwards though. First I'll be going for some bar changes. I find it ridiculous that the front and rear bars on this car are both 27mm. I would have tossed it out ages ago knowing that. Potentially softer springs if that's not enough of a fix, and if we don't move to 315s next year.

We also found ourselves instantly getting ABS while braking out of a faster sweeper. At first I assumed I'd finally encountered the issue everyone has been complaining about despite having a factory diff cover and HPS pads, but it sounds like the opposite of that problem given the previous discussion.

When I got home, I found some oil spewing out of a loose sandwich plate fitting and probably on to the front right corner, likely getting to the tire and/or brake disc, which coincidentally would have been under the most load at the time. For now I'll attribute the ABS to that unless you guys have other thoughts...

Last edited by ConekillerZ34; 09-17-2020 at 12:39 PM. Reason: more than a little oil, to be fair...
ConekillerZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote