View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #156 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Depends on the level of management buy-in. At my last company, the meeting was just for show. Here, it's not perfect, but it does (gradually) drive change.

It sounds like you're getting a lot more influence! That's great news!
It's only taken over 9 years....

When I got here, I started asking hard questions like "Why are we tracking nuts, bolts & screws, when the FAA doesn't?" Their response, 'You haven't been here long enough to ask those questions.'

Now we only track custom made parts and anything with a serial number (either one we assign or one that the manufacturer assigns). It's probably still not perfect, but it's removed about 50% of the paperwork I used to do. I used to have to fill out quantities used, revision of the part and the purchase order the part was aquired under onto a paper BOM. Now the BOM is electronic & I just electronically sign that those are the parts I used.