Thread: First 370Z
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
VIC BC Z
Base Member

Drives: 2018 Base 370Z
VIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond reputeVIC BC Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default First 370Z

Recently purchased a 2018 Base 370Z. Still getting to know the car.

First impressions:
- love the look
- love the torque throughout the range
- suspension softer than I expected, but will live with it for a while to see if I get used to it as as a daily driver it does provide a comfortable ride
- comfortable (without the electric seats, test drove some with that were horrible - whacky place to put seat controls where they dig into your leg)
- find the clutch pedal high with a long stiff travel, bit of a pain in stop and go traffic
- brakes are grabby as advertised but I'm good with that
- interior is much quieter than I expected given forum posts
- lack of bevy holders is a bit of a pain
- back windshield slope really limits the storage space back there and going to have to find some type of divider system to stop the milk turning into butter on the trip home from sliding all over the place
- was surprised by lack of locking gas cap
- still getting used to the location of the keyless entry button being below the door handle rather than at the end of the handle where your thumb naturally hits when you open the door
- bottom line have a smile on my face as I walk up to the car and while I'm driving it which is what it's all about

Previous toys (in reverse order owned):
Scion FRS
40' Tug Boat (lived on remote island with no roads for 10 years)
3rd gen twin turbo RX7 ( favorite car to date, we'll see how the Z does)
10th Anniversary RX7
Base RX7

And thanks for the forums, already used to find the windshield travel reset trick to fix drivers side windshield not seating against the top moulding and leaking in the car wash.
VIC BC Z is offline   Reply With Quote