View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #5718 (permalink)
Neo2070
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
Neo2070 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Ugly as all get out.
Boring and bland.
It is the best view.
Yep, not that great if you ask me. Looks like a kid designed the read out display.
Eh, not sure.
Yes, but kind of a no brainer.
Glad to see it for sure.
I like my 2012 Sports better.
Um, yep, because from the bottom of the front window to the back of the rear window is EXACTLY the same as the 370Z. So are the side windows. More proof to me they are working with 370Z parameters with the design of this car.

I doubt it.
It's not the mirrors themselves for me. Its the way the hood comes into the mirrors too high and then just stops, like it got cut off. Painting the mirrors, A-pillar and roof could fix this easy. I hope having the black floating roof is a paint option and not the only way it comes. It looks stupid on the new Toyota Camry and it doesn't look good here either.
They better as it seems nearly everyone here basically hates it. Even my wife hates it.
I love the ones on my 370Z. These new ones are almost a step backwards and are just too plain Jane. Not sure if it's the shape of the size, but they aren't doing it for me.

I can wait. There is NOTHING about this Z Proto that would even interest me in the slightest to switch cars. The 370Z is way Way WAY better looking.

Bottom Line
The reveal was pathetic. Those guys are friggin' dorks. Completely unprofessional. The questions they took were some of the dumbest questions I've ever heard. And the answers weren't much better. Overall a very painful experience.

The car is simply a reworked 370, and it shows. As people have said, it looks forced. Reminds me of when GM took the Pontiac Solstice (my wife's car) and designed it to the Saturn Sky. The Sky was totally forced and contrived in comparison. It had to bolt around what they already had underneath. Same goes here, and it shows.

The front grill shape is horrible, and the grill itself is hideous. It's a bunch of Nissan Cube window shapes all lumped together. Very juvenile.

I don't like the hood at all either. They tried to make the car look longer up front by flattening and extending it forward more before the drop. It has a similar appearance to what Mercedes did years back when they did the shark F1 sort of nose. But the Mercedes was much better.

WTF are those stupid "fake" slits at the front corners? No holes, no lights, no nothing. A completely useless design exercise. Reminds me of the rear wheel fake vents on the Camaro but worse.

I don't like the side Z badge on the back C-pillar because it's better where it is on the 370Z.

As I already said, I hate the way the hood line goes into the side mirrors.

The window and roof lines are 370Z all the way - no change.

The Katana Sword thing is such a childish gimmick. Just a way to "try" to distract people that the line is the exact same as on the 370Z.

The rear hips are okay, but I like the 370Z bulges better.

The back end is almost too smooth, to the point of being completely boring. The only thing to like is how fast it cuts off. A nice short tight rump.

Overall, no dice for me. There is no way I would swap this with my 370Z, even for better performance. I don't even think it's good looking enough to buy even if I didn't already have a Z.

The only thing I can say positive right now, is that this is a Proto, so some things could change (especially that fugly front). And, as we all know, cars almost always look better in real life than in pictures or videos. So, like the new Corvette C8, I will reserve final judgment until I get to see it, sit in it, and drive it.

Until then, just more evidence why Nissan is sinking in quick sand. They lack real deal decisive direction.
Tough critics here! Remember people it is still a prototype and can change from the final version! Just be thankful they are giving you a new "Z" and not scrapping the whole "Z" line all together given the current economic state that Nissan is in and the difficult sales of the "sports car" in general, I am surprised that Nissan is even going thru with plans for a new "Z"
AND they kept the manual transmission! What more do you want?
Neo2070 is offline   Reply With Quote