Thread: 5th bow bungee
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
egemme
Base Member

Drives: 370Z 6M 2010
egemme is on a distinguished road
Default Alternate thread for 971F6-1ET2A Installation

Hi,

I don't know if any has seen it but there is a parallel thread in this forum with some insights about installing the latest 5th row bungee build part #971F6-1ET2A

DIY 5th Bow Bungee kit 971F6-1ET2A Install

There's a link to the NHTSA WebSite to get the instructions.

Got a little affraid of all these steps though. Here's what I'm in process to do and this may interrest canadian fellows reading.

In Canada, Nissan Dealership sells this part 1250$ CAD including our beloved taxes, dealership workshop quoted 4 hours to install them, figure another 400$ CAD to install the somewhat ackward rubber bands. Scandalous.

So I turned around and ordered the same sku on US website I won't publish here but you can figure out that most sites containing the words "Nissan" and "Parts" are US dealerships selling online and shipping within 2-3 days. The cost, including currency conversion, transport, tax and duties: 235$ CAD. 1/4 the price, 4 times scandalous.

I contacted a local independant garage who kindly accepted to install the bungee kit for me though he's not selling the part. Otherwise, he would have no choices but get the pricey Canadian OEM version because no jobber version exists. The delivery is due tomorrow so I will post the rest of the story shortly.

Stay tuned
egemme is offline   Reply With Quote