View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
INFmstrTech
Base Member

Drives: 08coupe, 07sedan
INFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooglyMoogly View Post
So, got my wave trac and z1 diff kit with 4.08 installed about 2 months ago. Car was tuned with ecutek and launch control came with it. So in 2 months I used the launch control about 7-8 times. I started hearing a howling coming during acceleration around 2500+ RPM. took the car to the shop and turns out the bearings, seals and crush sleeve have been damaged. Luckily the diff itself is fine. Has anyone ever experienced this?
I’d be looking for a better shop that can actually put a diff together. I use Launch control all the time with absolutely no issues on a factory LSD with over 100k on it. I also have launch set for 4100rpm. With those 4.08 gears do you get a lot of wheel spin?