View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #45 (permalink)
Nitemare06
Base Member

Drives: 1991 Civic SI
Nitemare06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It has nothing to do with cost and everything to do with what the owners want. 2 out of 3 enthusiast owners prefer the drag strip over the road track...

Lots of the 03-04 owners were not happy with the IRS... it sucked with big power. Many swapped live axles back in.
I can agree with that. It runs fine with 5-600 hp, which I might add is very easy to get out of those cars, but anything over that and it cost a great bit to "beef" up the rear end. There are a lot of 99-04 Mustang GT with IRS from the Cobra guys that got rid of them...

Look, dont get me wrong, I think a properly built IRS is the way to go. I may not handle quite as well, and my ride is rougher, but a Ford Racing susp package makes things a ton different, trust me. But Ford never built one from the ground up because the owners wanted the LRA. The 03-04 Cobra was a half a** IRS build, and if they set their mind to it Im sure they would build a great IRS. But calling the Mustang "old in technology" because of the rear end, and the rear end alone, is a pretty sad thing, and thats all I was arguing about.

Last edited by Nitemare06; 02-10-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Nitemare06 is offline   Reply With Quote