View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #5575 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
Sex sells. I just asked someone who doesn't know about Z cars, would they buy a sports car called a Fairlady Z? It peaked their interest. Enough said.

I honestly think Nissan would have sold at least 30% more Z34s over their 11 year run if it was called Fairlady Z globally. The below image is what also comes to my mind with Fairlady Z. When my mind starts subconsciously associating the beauty of the car with the beauty of a fair maiden, it increases the likelihood of me, a heterosexual male, purchasing said car.
When someone says "Fairlady", I don't think of a Z. I think of a guy standing there holding his hand up with his pinky finger pointed out.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote